Disclaimer

The author(s) of this blog are NOT medical experts. The author(s) of this website are NOT religious scholars. The opinions on this blog are based solely upon life experiences and are not intended to be provided as professional advice. Opinions may be formed based on the following, including but not limited to: academic works, published works and religious biblical contexts. Any commentary published on this blog are layman opinions unless expressly specified.

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Hear Me, My Love

Hear Me, My Love...


~Elizabeth Marie Wise ~
Originally Composed April 10, 2009

What is Love? What is Devotion?
Are they cruel games of emotion?

If time is infinite and love is eternal,
Does that mean devotion is perennial?

Day after day, year after year,
We battle the emotions between our ears;

Does devotion die for a season or two,
     And emerge from the frozen ground,
With a stronger hue?
My true love take note,
     Just as the tulips remain strong,

Underground weeds ne'er choke;

The soil kept luscious, fertile and moist,
Hear me my love, take ear to my voice;

Frozen earth around my heart grows soft and pliable,
Blooms of my heart connect, become sound and stable;

Tend to the fragile seedlings abound,
     The roots of my heart entwine, stitch together,
Anchor into this ground;

What was once a shattered puzzle to master,
     The warmth of your love, devotion and time,
Provided each day for me to heal faster;

Pulsating and thriving from rich dirt some call prison,
This bloom shall emerge a stunning deep crimson;

Elements of life engage survival of the fittest,
Your devotion, your time, your love, I will never resist;

Stay true to me love, do not stray do not wander,
     We've our entire lives to discover each other,
bewilderment to ponder;

My devotion, my time, my love I freely give,
     In exchange an extraordinary life,
Together we shall live!



http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Enter your email address to receive updates
every time a new blog post is published:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Mental Illness: Mental Awareness will never
provide or sell your email address to third parties.

1 comment:

  1. Liz,
    Well wrtten poem.
    Blogs also well written, easy to relate to. I understand.
    Sorry your life has been dificult. May your future be easier. May your life be filled with peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete